How do I buy tickets? back to top
- Click here to go to our secure online ticket ordering form.
- Purchase tickets at the gate when you arrive at Cal Expo. (CASH only)
How do I become a sponsor? back to top
Call our office at (800) 352-2411 and ask for Traci Nelson, extension 16. Traci will be happy to mail you a sponsor packet and answer all your questions.
How can I be an exhibitor? back to top
Call our office at (800) 352-2411 to be directed to sales.
- Mane Market Mall, four buildings incorporating over 140,000 square feet, all set up with 424 10' x 10' booth spaces. Includes pipe & drape, and signage. Special prices for associations and breeds.
- Rigs & Digs Road, over 10 acres to display horse trailers.
- Outside Bulk Space, an area set aside to display barns, outbuildings, corrals, heavy equipment, implements, tractors and ATV's.
Where is the Western States Horse Expo? back to top
The Western States Horse Expo is located at Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95815. The office of Horse Expo, Inc. is located at 3976 Durock Road, #102B, Shingle Springs, CA 95682.
How do I get to the Western States Horse Expo? back to top
There are several ways to get to the Expo.
- Plane: fly into Sacramento, CA. We are located about 15 minutes from the airport. Several of the local hotels have shuttles from the airport to their hotels. Rental cars are also available. Alternate airports are Oakland, San Jose or San Francisco.
- Train: the train station is located in downtown Sacramento, about 10 minutes from Cal Expo.
- Car: Click here to go to Google Maps to get directions from your home to Cal Expo.
What about accommodations? back to top
There are several hotels and motels in the greater Sacramento area. Our host hotel is the Hilton Sacramento Arden West, located at 2200 Harvard Ave, Sacramento, CA 95815. Call (800) 334-4321 for reservations. Be sure to mention you are with the Western States Horse Expo to get our special rate. Click here to see a listing of several other options. Cal Expo also has a RV Park available – call (877) CAL-EXPO for reservations.
Are there other activities? back to top
If your partner, children, or even yourself want to do something "non-horsey" there are plenty of options.
- Waterworld: a water park located on the grounds of Cal Expo.
- Sacramento has several great tourist sites, like Old Town, Sutter's Fort, Discovery Museum, State Capitol Building, Crocker Art Museum, IMAX Theater, Sacramento Zoo, and Fairytale Town to name a few. Plus the Arden Fair Shopping Mall is a few minutes from Cal Expo.
- A short drive east will take you to Coloma - the gold discovery site and opportunities to go rafting on the American River.
- A short drive west will take you to Six Flags Marine World, San Francisco and the ocean.
- Further visitor information about Sacramento can be found by clicking here to go to the website of the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Are dogs allowed? back to top
No dogs are allowed unless approved by Horse Expo.
Are there activities for children? back to top
Some of the demonstrations are geared for beginners and/or children. There is also a Young Rider Park for kids of all ages to explore the world of horses. Click here for more information about the Young Rider park. All children 6 & under can attend the Horse Expo at no charge.
Do you need volunteers? back to top
If you would like to volunteer please click here for the volunteer form. Complete it and return it to our office.
What is the average temperature for Sacramento during the Expo? back to top
The average daytime temperature for May is 80 degrees and for June is 87 degrees, but we have seen 100 degree days (hopefully not this year!). The average minimum is 55 degrees. Remember, when the sun goes down in Sacramento it can get cold, even in the summer. Please bring a sweater or jacket if you are attending any of our evening events.
Can I rent wheelchairs or strollers? back to top
No wheelchair or stroller rentals are available so please bring your own.
Are there places to eat nearby? back to top
There will be several food courts on the grounds during the Expo. Off the grounds there is a great variety of restaurants to satisfy anyone's taste.
How can I get my horse in one of the demonstrations? back to top
The breed and sport associations arrange their own demonstrations and line up the necessary horses. Several of the clinicians need horses to work on during their presentations. If you would like your horse considered please complete the demo horse application. If your horse is chosen you will be provided with a stall for your horse plus a 3-day pass for yourself.